Kotiate are made to order specific to you, your whakapapa etc
Kotiate description is at the bottom of this page
Sideshow below shows some examples made
- Standard measurements for the Kotiate is approx 36cm (14") long, blade 14cm (5½") wide and weighs 475gms, however can be made to suit client.
- Adornment include paua, muka (flax fibre) and feathers.
- Other elements can be added specific to the request (may incur extra cost).
- Kotiate patterning for carved items, will be of your choice relative to your request (whakapapa etc) or at our discretion if unsure.
- The Kotiate can be used for performances, ceremonial, private collection, private or corporate gift.
- Its the real deal made out of Aotearoa/New Zealand indigenous hard wood, usually Black Maire.