MADE TO ORDER
The weapons are patterned to your specifics (whakapapa etc)
View slideshow below for examples made
Cases are crafted by Charles and can be lined in the colour of your choice (depending availability)
Full description is at the bottom of this page
Example of Patu in Case
Example of Carved Patu
Example of Slightly Carved Patu
Example of Plain Patu
- The Patu is approx 37cm (14½”) long & blade 11½cm (4½") wide and weighs approx 480gms. Total weight including the case is approx 1.5kg.
- The case is covered in black vinyl.
- Inside of the case is lined with velvet.
- Velvet will be colour of your choice depending on availability.
- The lid of the case is covered in velvet and filled with dacron which makes it soft and loft against the weapon when the case is closed.
- The case measures approx 42cm long, 20cm wide, 8cm deep including (lid).
- Case has a heavy duty carry handle, has silver hinges and secured closed with a silver latch.
- Ribbon is attached to lid to prevent lid laying flat when case is opened.
- The ribbon can be matching colour to the lining of the case or contrast colour - you choose??
- Adornment on weapon includes paua, muka (flax fibre) and feathers.
- Other elements can be added specific to request (may incur extra cost).
- Weapon will be authentic in every way and can be used for performances, ceremonial, private collection, private or corporate gift.
- Its the real deal made out of Aotearoa/New Zealand indigenous wood, usually Black Maire.