MADE TO ORDER
The weapons are patterned to your specifics (whakapapa etc)
View slideshow below for examples made
Cases are crafted by Charles and can be lined in the colour of your choice (depending availability)
Full description is at the bottom of this page
- Measurements of Case - 180cm (71") long, 22cm (9") wide & 11½cm (4½") deep.
- The Taiaha weighs 790gms, is 154cm (61") long, the head is 16cm (6½") long, and end of blade is 5½cm (2") wide and the circumference is 11½cm (4½"). Mid circumference is 11cm (4¼"), below feathers the circumference is 10cm (4") and here lashing to end of feathers is 14cm (5½).
- The Tewhatewha is 1.080kg in weight, is 155cm (61") long, the blade is 15cm (6") long and 15cm (6") wide. The mid pattern (front view) is 6cm (2½") long, and side view 4cm (1½") long and the circumference is 14½cm (6"). Below pattern mid staff is 10½cm (4") in circumference, just below blade is 12cm (5") circumference and tip end if 8cm (3") circumference. Here and feathers is 28cm (11") in length. However, the weapons will be made to suit Recipient.
- Adornment includes paua shell, muka (flax fibre) and feathers.
- Other elements can be added specific to the request of the Recipient (may incur extra cost).
- Vinyl covers the outside of the case,
- The case is lined with velvet and will be in the colour of your choice (colour will depend upon availability).
- Dacron fills the lid and then covered with velvet making it soft and loft against the weapon when the case is closed.
- The case has a sturdy carry handle, silver latch and hinges.
- Ribbon is attached on each side of the lid to prevent it laying flat when opened.
- The ribbon can be matching colour to the lining of the case or contrast colour - you choose??
- All weapons in the Kit are hand carved and can be used for performances, ceremonial, private collection, private or corporate gift.
- Weapons are the real deal made out of Aoteraroa/New Zealand indigenous wood, usually Black Maire.